My guest on this episode of Increase Your Impact was Dan Halber. Dan is one of the founders of Fithouse, a new all-inclusive gym in Calgary with a focus on group fitness. Dan joined me to discuss the importance of fun, safety and sweat when it comes to fitness, and why working out in a group setting works so well for many people.
Full Blab Replay:
- Introduction & Welcome (00:00)
- When did you first become interested in group fitness? (01:20)
- How long has fitness training & coaching been your career? (02:30)
- How did the idea for Fithouse come about? (04:50)
- What sort of group fitness courses do you offer? (07:50)
- Why do you think people come out to give group fitness a try? (10:20)
- Once people give a group fitness class a try, how likely are they to come back? (11:35)
- How do you encourage shy or introverted people to give group fitness a try? (13:55)
- You never know until you try!
- How do you recommend someone chooses what class to try? (14:50)
- Do you have any stories of powerful transformations of people who came to a group fitness course for the first time? (17:15)
- How often do you see friendships/relationships form from group fitness classes? (22:20)
- Cross-fit especially is a highly social class
- What resources would you suggest for people who want to learn more about group fitness? (23:55)
- Just go check out your local gym (such as Fithouse)!
- Become curious, ask questions, search the internet
- What does Impact mean to you? (26:50)
- What Impact do you want to have on the world? (27:30)
- What is holding you back from having a bigger impact? (28:50)
- What is coming up at Fithouse? Where can people learn more? (30:40)