My guest on this episode of Increase Your Impact was Rogelio Redoble. Roger is the founder of Rogelio Boxing and is very active in the boxing community in Calgary. Roger joined me to debunk some of the myths and stereotypes about fighting sports as well as to talk about how getting involved in sports like boxing can really help us improve fitness and self confidence.
Full Blab Replay:
- Introduction & Welcome (00:00)
- When did you first get interested in fighting sports? (03:00)
- When did you know you wanted to make training/coaching fighting sports your career? (04:15)
- What is your vision for Rogelio Boxing? (05:15)
- What are some of the benefits you see people receive from participating in fighting sports? (07:20)
- Why do you think more women are getting involved in fighting sports recently? (10:40)
- What do you say to people who are afraid of trying fighting sports due to their perceived risk or injury or concussion? (14:50)
- Unless you want to compete, there doesn’t have to be any contact!
- What is the best way for a newbie to try a fighting sport? (16:25)
- A one on one session with a coach/trainer is the ideal way to first start
- Are fighting sports something that anyone can try, regardless of their age/fitness level? (18:00)
- Roger has coached people in age ranging from 5-65
- What resources do you recommend people check out to learn more about fighting sports? (20:20)
- The best resource is to go to a fighting gym and talk to a coach/trainer
- Rogelio Boxing is a great one to start with!
- How do you suggest people choose which fighting discipline to try when there are so many options? (22:30)?
- What does Impact mean to you and how do you like to make an Impact? (27:20)
- What is currently holding you back from having a bigger Impact? (29:15)
- Where can people find out more about you and what fighting gyms in Calgary do you recommend people check out? (32:15)